A bond that gives its issuer the right to redeem the whole bond or part of it before the maturity date.
Profit made by selling securities at a higher price than the original purchase price.
Capitalization Weighted Index:
It is the share price index where the index daily value is calculated by dividing the total market value (last closing price multiplied by number of listed shares) of all the index companies by a predetermined divisor
Total of the securities issued by a company including common and preferred stock as well as surpluses.
CASE 30 Index:
An index of the 30 most actively traded listed stocks. The CASE 30 index is measured through the rate of market capitalization after measuring the free float of the shares. The market capitalization is calculated by multiplying the number of listed shares by the share closing prices and the total is multiplied by the share free float.
Cairo & Alexandria Stock Exchange. CASE is the only registered Stock Exchange in Egypt. CASE is a single entity with two different locations with remote trading taking place in the Alexandria Exchange. Both Cairo and Alexandria Exchanges use the same trading system and databases and are run by the same board of directors. The Chairman is appointed by the Prime Minister for a renewable three-year term. 60% of board members are elected by the market participants (brokerage companies, fund management companies, investment banks, etc.). The remaining members (40%) are appointed as follows: a member from the Capital Market Authority, a member from the Central Bank of Egypt and two members from the Banking Syndicate.
The closing price of any security traded on CASE is the weighted average price of the security’s daily trading. It is equal to the total trading value of the security divided by the total trading volume of the same security. The closing price of the stock changes on the next day if 100 shares or more are traded.
The Capital Market Authority is the market regulator for the Egyptian capital market. It was established in 1980 to regulate and monitor all companies dealing with the capital market as governed by Law No. 95 for the year 1992.
Investors who purchase common stock have the right to vote at the company's annual general assembly and receive dividend payments. If a company fails or is liquidated, common stockholders are paid after liability holders and preferred stockholders.
A bond which may be changed to common stock in accordance with the issuance terms.
A bond issued by a corporation.
Traditionally defined as the ways in which a firm safeguards the interests of its financiers (investors, lenders, and creditors). The modern definition calls it the framework of rules and practices by which a board of directors ensures accountability, fairness, and transparency in the firm's relationship with its all stakeholders (financiers, customers, management, employees, government, and the community).
Those company assets that can be converted to cash or consumed during one year.
Short- term liabilities the company has to pay within one year such as payable wages, payable dividends….etc.
The current yield on a bond is equal to the paid coupon value divided by its price.